Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ! ! !

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and have had a good and holy start to the New Year! Life definitely picks up its pace during the holidays. This Christmas was another "first" for Dom and I as it was our first Christmas together. Some of you may know that we tried last year but due to the snowy weather in Syracuse and surrounding areas, I was un-able to fly out to spend the holiday with Dom - thats ok though. It made it even more special for us this year. :)

On Christmas Eve it began to snow about 11 o'clock in the morning and continued snowing all day and all night... in fact, I believe it snowed continually till the day after Christmas! For all those singing, "I'm dreaming of a white...Christmas!" you definitely got your wish this year! I had to admit, I was hoping for a white one as well. On our way to Mass we got stuck but thanks to some friendly folks passing by gave us a hand and we (well Dom) were able to help some others when Mass was over. It was definitly an added twist on the excitement of Christmas! Anyway, to make a long story short we had Christmas dinner at the parental units house and everyone was able to make it... so yes, it was a full house! It was a wonderful Christmas....

Next came New Years and my dear friend Meg was in town so we got to celebrate the end of the year with her and some other friends and then ventured back to town here and brought in the New Year with a holy hour at the Church - what better way to end a year and bring in the new one, right?

In the past, back in the younger days, I would always take a piece of Bristol (a thick paper) and draw the highlights of that year on it... I think I have about four of them. I would spend new years eve thinking of all the wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful things that had happened. This year was very easy for me... I got married to not only the LOVE of my life, but my BEST friend... It simply was the best of the year!

I hope you all have had a wonderful end of the year 2009 and hope that this new year of 2010 will bring you much happieness and will be a year of holiness and good health.

May our tiny King, born in the bitter cold, and for Whom there was no room at the inn, find a place in our hearts and fill our lives with gratitude and the gift of joy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Babes! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year; I'm so happy for you both. :) I'm back 'home' now and can't wait to share all my travels! It was the third best thing I could have done for the holidays after spending it with my family or in our lovely little town... I miss it so... It sounds like a glorious glorious Christmas y'all had. :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones