Friday, February 26, 2010

Sewing Project: Cute lil Bags

The other afternoon I went through some of my scraps of material and decided to make a couple little girl bags. I wasn initially thinking the would make a good missal/prayer book bag for little girls to take to church with them, but really they could be used as any type of bag. I just think they are darling! They only took me a half hour each as well... so, scraps and half hour of time?! Not bad, if you ask me!
I like how the handles turned out with the quilted look to them. Adds a little something extra. Plus, polka dots are always fun!
I am making myself a bag, bigger than the small ones. I have the bag part finished but I have not finished or sewn on the handle part yet. I love the fabric I used! It will be a bag I can keep in my car so when I go grocery shopping we don't have to buy the stupid brown paper bags everytime...we NEVER remember to bring any back with us so we always have to buy more with each grocery visit...kinda a pain. So, I thought that if I had a bag designated for groceries I would remember more easily than a paper bag... not sure if it will work or not but its definietly a bag I will want to have around! Otherwise, I'll use it for any purpose really, as I LOVE neat bags! Here's a clip of the fabric I used for the bag.


The green - paisley is the body of the bag and the brown is the fabric I used for the bottom and the sides. Can't wait till it's finished!

I have also begun to sew some of the pieces for the iron board cover. That project is taking a little more time than just an afternoon because of the quilting aspect. However, I am sure it will be worth it in the end... even though I was having second thoughts about it, ONLY, because I was like, man these fabrics and patterns would make an awesome quilt! But, I planned for it to be used for the iron board cover so I am going to stick with it. Anway, thats an update on Sewing Project: Quited Iron Board Cover.

Until next time... Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I *really* like your grocery bag... and I can't wait to see the ironing board cover! That's so original - who ever goes to someone else's house and sees a homemade, pretty, quilted ironing board cover? Well, not that you usually see the board itself, to begin with... but with a pretty cover, it might be tempting to leave out when you know you have company coming!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones