Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beef Stuffed Ravioli - What a Wednesday!

This morning as I pondered what I wanted to accomplish today, I thought of what to make for dinner. I decided I wanted to make some Ravioli's! I looked up some recipes and read through how they are made and how time consuming they were etc.... I thought about it and was like, it can't be any harder (and or very similar) than making pierogi's! So, I went to about my day then this afternoon I got to start preparing dinner!

First I took the flour and made a well:
Then I mixed the eggs, water and oil together:

And added them to the well in the flour:
After I mixed it up I laid it out on a floured surface to hand knead a little:
Then I cut it up into eight pieces (the recipe called to cut it in quarters but since I don't have a pasta press I did it in eighths to see if it would make it easier for rolling out the ole fashioned way with a wooden rolling pin). I then let it rest while I prepared the filling:
I browned the ground meat in a frying pan and added some minced garlic and chopped onions as well as some grated parm & romano, colby jack and pepper jack cheeses. I put it all in a bowl and then added an egg and mixed it all up. Then into the refridgerater it went to chill:
Then I came back to the dough to roll out the pieces into long, rectangular shaped pieces... I did not make perfect square shapes - I was more just whatever...
I did two pieces at a time, one bottom & one top piece. I maked the bottom so I would know where to put the filling:
Then added the filling and prepared to add the top piece of dough:

I then pinched the tops to the bottoms and cut around the ravioli's - aren't they so cute:

Here's most of the finished and resting (the recipe said to lay them on a floured cloth to dry out a bit... I just kept turning them on the pan):


All done cleaning up! Shwew! That wasn't so bad! Only took a total of less than two hours from start to finish!

MMMMmmmm yummy, homemade beef stuffed ravioli with sauce and a piece of garlic bread! Yum, YUm, YUM!


1 comment:

  1. Look at you! I love how you're trying all these new things!

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones