Thursday, December 10, 2009

Banana Muffins

Yum!! I tried a new recipe for banana muffins yesterday. They turned out quiet yummilicious! Their form was adorable - and the consistency - texture inside was nice and soft and moist yet all together! I was pleased with the end result!
heheh I do have to tell you that the recipe said not to over stir the batter - like three times it said that so I was like ok...no overstirring the batter! So, don't you know I mixed the dry ingredients in with the wet mixture and was like ok... the recipe says it will be thick but ... I couldn't even get all the flour mixture folded in! I knew something was not right but was like hmmm... well I could either add a splash of milk or beat the mixture together... So, I continued to mix the batter together - thinking the whole time, this is way over mixing!
Suddenly, I had a revelation! I saw the carton of large eggs sitting on the counter... a full dozen - none missing. I had forgotten about the two large eggs! So, needless to say - I then had to get the eggs incorporated into the batter! So much for NOT over mixing. I thought they turned out jsut fine though. It wasn't like they were heavy like rocks - in fact they were on the light side but I am guessing the less mixing together allows for more air and thus would make them more fluffy?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I meant to say was...

    I'll bring the magazines, you bring the muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones