Thursday, December 10, 2009

Cold Day In Pink

I loved how I got the comment, "Is it because you're here that we got so much snow and cold weather?!" lol I had to laugh but really... I am excited we got snow here and excited that it's the most snow they have had in years! I have to also admit I was hoping, not even praying, for a lot of snow... Makes you realized how much God really DOES know what we want and need! It was funny cause I was so disappointed in hearing the same ole line, "We never get a lot of snow here and if we do it melts by the next day..." And then all of a sudden ... :) It's exciting. It makes me happy. Even if it is the most snow here I will see for another 6 years!

Speaking of snow and cold... Ok so there isn't any heat at my friends shop. lol yes, thats correct. No heat... yet of course. She just dresses warm and wears her coats or scarves most of the time. lol You must think she is crazy but I am convinced she will get heat soon...Anyway, I was down helping her for a little and well today...with the wind chill I believe the lady on the radio said it was minus twelve - Yes, -12 degrees! So, it's cold out... and therefore that makes it even colder for us in the little shop. We had snow/frost/ice on the INSIDE of the door today! Don't worry something is going to be done... But anyway... so today are fingers were so cold etc and my friend I work with said, "Hey don't they say that whiskey or something warms you up?" I was like yes... and she holds up a big bottle of Whiskey! So, she filled our coffee cups (that had coffee in them already) with the delicious, yet shimming shaking whiskey! It did help believe it or not..for a little that is... then it was just ok - its too cold in here. We managed to stay till the shop closed with new ideas for warmth tomorrow... We shall see how it goes! Until then... Buh Byes!

PS It was cool today cause I wanted to wear my "pink" (kinda a coral color) boots cause they are comfy and warm for the most part... so I had on my knee high, pink striped socks with the boots (they were a little visible) a knee length black comfy skirt and a pale pink sweater...and to top it off I added my pink scarf! I was like hmm how many more shades of pink can I wear today?! lol Just something I wanted to share!

2 comments:

  1. Its funny to think how I used to HATE pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pink and black cardyle knee-highs were the only thing that kept a smile on my face this past cold chill. Thankfully that's over and it's back to 72*. :)

    Excuse me while I go outside and breathe in the beautiful air. :)

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones