Thursday, October 15, 2009

OUTSIDE THE PAGES: I

Married Saints and Blesseds Through the Centuries
By: Ferdinand Holbock

This is a great book that Dominic and I are reading together. It’s a book of the lives of, not just saints – but married saints. I never even really thought about before I saw the book, but realizing that you never really do hear about married saints. However, this books starts at the beginning with Our Blessed Mother, Mary & Saint Joseph and then continues through time telling the stories of the lives of holy married couples and their children and how they became great saints in the eyes of the Church. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone but especially to those of you who are married and looking for great examples to follow. We all read lives of the saints as children and adults to see how we can imitate their holy virtues but when it comes to entering a new state in life… you need new models to look to for their examples in living life in the same state you are striving to perfect; Thus, I think it’s a great find and hope you will give it a look.

1 comment:

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones