Thursday, October 29, 2009

If You Pass Go! Collect $200!

We have been playing Monopoly since... Monday, I believe. Today is Thursday. It takes up our kitchen table so we eat dinner at the coffee table in the living room on the nights the game is still on. :) It's kind of amusing actually. It's been so much fun playing but it does take us a few days to finish, usually. I think I am winning... Dom has way more money than I do - or at least he has a big stack of the golden 500 dollar bills. There shouldn't be too much more of the game left because we both just made a deal and traded properties so that we could purchase houses and eventually put hotels on our spaces. I traded him Park Place to go with his Boardwalk for my Pacific Place to go with my other two greens. He took the deal but later realized he shouldn't have given me the one he did cause I have three houses on it now and he lands on it almost everytime around - AND he only has two properties with houses on them where as now I have three that he could land on. Anyway, thought I would share. :) We have LIFE too but have only played that once. I picked that up at a thrift store and its the older version that is what I grew up playing. However, if you have played the slightly newer version and are used to it... this one seems kinda confusing. I actually like the newer one better. I also picked up Balderdash which is such a fun game to play. We haven't played it yet but, if you've played before you know, it's definitely not a two person game. We need to have a game night soon and play it. If you haven't played it before you are missing out on hours of fun and laughter! Another fun one we have that we have played a lot is Battleship. I have never played it at all until I got married...I remember my brother had it and played it a lot but I never played it. I thought it was wierd and boring...little did I know - it's great fun! I also learned how to play a new card game (I think I played it once before) called Skip Bo. It's my new favorite card game! My mother-in-law taught me how to play it last week while I was waiting for my laundry to be done (we don't have a washer or dryer here in the apartment). It is so much fun! She kicked my butt of course but a lot of the game is purely luck - however, there is a good portion where you do need to have a strategy or at least a good strategy would be helpful.
Okay, enough game talk for me. What are some of your favorite games? Have you played any recently?


1 comment:

  1. Balderdash = 100% guaranteed fun.

    Guesstures is another favorite.

    I wonder if you could trade some cookies for one of those two houses he has? :) But he might try to make his own deal using that salsa he makes... I'd spend money on that! Especially monopoly money!

    I'm jealous. Happy for y'all though. A game night in St. Marys surrounded by friends and cheese, crackers, wine, and little scrumptious delights that everyone brings sounds *perfect* right now.

    ReplyDelete

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones