Tuesday, October 27, 2009

OUTSIDE THE PAGES: II

“The Mother” by: Cardinal Jozsef Mindszenty
I have always heard this book was “the best book ever” and “this is one you should definitely read.” I had a copy at one point that I found off ebay but never read it because at the time I figured, I was single and not dating so why read it now? So, a friend of mine got married and I decided to give her the book because I knew it had great things said about it and wanted to share it with her. Now, I am married and God willing, one day will be a mother.
After browsing through the bookstore here I came across the book, “The Mother “ (among many others I was carrying in my arms…). After looking through and seriously contemplating each book I had in the pile I had collected, I decided on this one. I got it about a month or so ago and began to read it. I have not gotten far yet but already it is an amazing and inspiring book.

“The most important person on earth is a mother. She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral. She needs not. She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral- a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby’s body… The angels have not been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God’s creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature; God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation… What on God’s good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother?” (from the jacket of the book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones