Monday, October 5, 2009

Sad Farewells Left with Lots of Yarn

My dear friend Genevieve is moving this week.... Makes me very sad to have her leave but am superly excited and happy for her to start her new adventure in life. Best of Luck & Many Prayers Ginny! (the picture was taken a year ago)

So, Ginny had a yard sale a few weeks back trying to get rid of her "junk" aka another man's treasure. It was a big success and I had the pleasure of helping her (and waking her up ten past when the sale was suppose to start! ) and enjoying coffee and cinnamin rolls (ahem, they were store bought, NOT homemade like I was expecting...) However, they were just as delicious (well maybe not exactly but...) cause they were bought from the store with love. :) So, after helping till about noon I left and she sent me home with some goods that weren't in the junk pile... which of course I love and use everyday and think of her everytime. Now, to get to the point of this topic besides Ginny leaving and having a yard sale. So, since she is moving she is getting rid of lots of random things that she doesn't need or doesn't want to store...amoung those things is yarn... and she gave it all to me! I love yarn, its just so pretty all wound up in these colorful balls and wrapped up so snuggly and tight together!

I was bored the other Sunday morning and the pile of yarn that I got is still sitting the the rocker chair where I left it when Ginny brought it over. It was staring me down so I decided to look through the bag and check out all the cool colors and textures that were just waiting for me to do something with. I also found a sweet surprise of knitting needles in the bag too! So, I googled, "How to Knit" and of course a million and one options came up. I found one that seemed to have the basics of making a "slip knot" and "casting" - pictures included (a plus)! So, I tried to "knit" for about ten minutes... and tried to do the steps about five times...then decided it was too complex for a relaxing sunday morning on the couch - i decided it was probably easier to have someone actually show me how to do it.

So, I decided that I would find my crocet hook (that I know how to do) which I know I saw just the other day and would play around with that. Well, after searching for about 15 minutes for the stupid hook I finally found it! Yay! So, I worked on it for about a half hour or so and did a little more during the football game later... I think I have a good start and am going to make a blanket. It will probably take a while but I figure if I do it about an hour a day I should, theoretically, have it done in no time at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones