Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pork Soup

Have you ever heard of soup made from a pork bone? I have not. Dom and I made homemade sausage on Saturday, which is really delicious, and I decided to keep the bone to make soup on Monday. I was very excited to try something new. I googled some recipes - or at least tried - and found some wierd asian recipes with exotic roots and herbs and they all said how gross the pork bone smelled when cooking.... hmmm well I decided I was still going to try it and just made my own! I will admit, when the pork bone was boiling at first it didn't smell the best but wasn't horrible either. However, once I had a broth and started the seasoning process ... it tasted absolutely tasteless and just blah... I was like, "man, how am I going to fix this!?" So, with patience and perseverence, I conquered the pork bone! :) It took a lot of seasoning and time to simmer but in the end it turned out delicious and the broth was definitely a nice change from your chicken or beef. It was very light and almost refreshing. I made it simple with potatoes and carrots and green peppers, onions and some seasonings. It was definitely a neat thing to tackle and I'm glad I wanted to be adventurous and try to make something completely unknown to me and in the end have a good outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background

Followers

Music Box


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones